From: Brian Higgins <higgins@soldesignfx.com>
Subject: Re: [AE] Thunderbolt and Mac Pro slot speeds
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 10:27:37 -0500
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
This is a really great test.  Thanks much for putting the work in and posting your results for the community!   The memory bandwidth results are interesting.  I'd expected thunderbolt to be a big bottleneck for doing Resolve work, but if uncompressed HD is around 240MB/sec, 740MB/sec is certainly enough to have a stream going in and a stream coming out.  You'd probably feel the hit if you tried to do stereo 4K work, but that's too much to expect out of a game card anyway.  Thanks again!

-bH