From: Greg Balint <greg@delrazor.com>
Subject: Re: [AE] (OT) An example of a PC version of a Mac Pro with today's tech for AE
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:08:19 -0400
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
This is just confusing the heck out of me, because I'm pretty sure I understood it all until today.

I most certainly see a big difference rendering in AE with MP turned on and Hyperthreading enabled. AE has no clue the difference between a 4 core system with HT on or an 8 core with no HT.

As long as I have the ram to power the "virtual" cores, AE doesn't care if they are virtual cores or not.

They are two different things, but AE's Multiprocessing most certainly takes advantage of all threads available to it.

////Greg Balint
///Art Director / Motion Graphics Designer
delRAZOR.com/

On Jun 12, 2012, at 7:30 PM, Chris Meyer <chris@crishdesign.com> wrote:

> Aside from that, you can enable multiprocessing, which launches multiple copies of After Effects in the background, assigning one copy (process) to one core. This particular trick needs physical cores to actually do any work.

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to ListMaster