From: Gary Reisman <garyreisman@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [AE] (OT) New Mac Pro - Who's getting it?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 19:57:44 -0800
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
Of course it's going to be a bit more expensive.. .. new new Mac Pro won't be made in China..  it'll be  MADE IN AMERICA!   :)

I'm a Mac fanboy,   can't ever see myself moving away from the platform, .. and my 2008 Mac Pro  (with an apparently obsolete nVidia 8800GT card which worked fun until Mavericks) is due for replacement.
So I'll probably find myself getting a new Mac Pro sometime next year.

But being pro-Mac has always meant paying more for a computer than it's PC-equiv.
...and this discussion seems to always come up with Apple comes out with new Mac Pros!

Apple always seems to price things just a bit higher,  probably just because they know people will be willing to pay a premium for Mac/OSX.
(and somehow they even get suckers to pay for overpriced Apple RAM!@#).

Lookit how popular the overpriced iPhone and iPads are,  and how people have no problems spending more for them over the cheaper yet equal in performance competition. ya know?

And then while driving down the road, take note of how many BMW's and Mercedes you come across (here in LA at least!@#),  -  those cars lose the value of a brand new Mac Pro the moment they're driven off the lot!

granted, the Mac Pro doesn't come with heated seats,  but if you're spending 8hrs a day on a computer system for many years,  sometimes it's worth it to spend a few extra bucks.

-Gary

(ps,. I don't drive a BMW or Mercedes,   :D)

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to ListMaster