From: Rich Young <aefilter@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [AE] firelight
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 03:14:11 -0800 (PST)
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
I'm not sure it's needed now, but Steve Holmes (at Artbeats) and Mark Christensen had earlier advice on fire and environment; links:

http://provideocoalition.com/ryoung/story/creating_fire_in_after_effects

 To: "After Effects Mail List" <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
 Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 2:14 AM

 In addition to the other suggestions,
 if you have some footage of fire you can always pop it in
 front of a light, set the light transmission to 100%, and
 then the fire will be projected onto your 3D layers.

 On 18/02/2014, at 1:51 AM, Jim Curtis <jpcurtis@me.com>
 wrote:

 > Does anybody know of a tutorial or technique I can use
 to make an Ae light look like a campfire on layers that
 accept lights and shadows?
 > +---End of message---+
 > To unsubscribe send any message to <ae-list-off@media-motion.tv>

 +---End of message---+
 To unsubscribe send any message to <ae-list-off@media-motion.tv>

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to ListMaster