From: Brendan Bolles <brendan@fnordware.com>
Subject: Lossless movie format
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:10:51 -0700
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
Hey everyone, last July we had a conversation about the possibility of making a movie format that had lossless codecs and was better suited for production than QuickTime and its ilk.  I've had this on my mind ever since, so maybe it's time to get cracking.

You guys suggested I do a Kickstarter or Indigogo so I could hire myself to work on this full-time for a few months, and that sounds good to me.

Over the last couple days, I've collected my thoughts into this proposal:

http://www.fnordware.com/downloads/POM_Proposal.pdf

Please feel free to comment on anything.  From the name of the file format ("POM") to the logo to how much money I'm thinking of raising.  It's just a first draft, so nothing is set in stone yet.

Brendan

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to ListMaster