From: Jim Curtis <jpcurtis@me.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 12:04:27 -0500
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
I knew the first year was an introductory rate, but I got notice today my monthly rate was going to increase to $49.99/mo. from $29.99.

That's a pretty steep hike.  I was expecting more along the lines of $39.99, maybe without good reasons for it.

So, this puts the annual rate at $600.  I was used to paying that every other year as an upgrade to the Production Premium bundle.

I still don't think that's an outrageous price, and it's deductible to me, but I think this plays into some fears that some people had when Adobe announced their subscription model.  After all, you can still buy a permanent license of Motion, Compressor and FCP for $400, and upgrades are included.

What do you think?

.

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to ListMaster