From: Jim Curtis <jpcurtis@me.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 16:18:44 -0500
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
Great questions and observation, Robert.

Adobe's incentive is more and happier customers.  I glean from the Adobe Forums that there's a segment that finds the pricing out of their reach.  A lower tier of fewer products might snag a lot of new customers.

I see many of the leading plug-in companies bundling lately.  Why?

The only competition I know for Ae now is very expensive. Other than Ai, many of the other products have worthy competitors.  As soon as a big company gets smug about a product line, it seems like that's an opening for an upstart company to move in and make a challenge.

It's in Adobe's interest to keep the customers they have loyal and happy, and to draw in new, young customers who may have a long shelf life.

On May 17, 2014, at 2:05 PM, "Robert W. Walker" <robertw@walkersound.com> wrote:

> A good idea, Jim, but I'm not thinking Adobe is that magnanimous. The
> fact is there is a huge user base that is not likely to switch to an
> alternative (which would be what?) unless the price becomes outrageous.
> What would be Adobe's incentive to implement tiered bundles/pricing?
>
> Robert W. Walker
> WalkerSound
> Walker/Fitzgibbon TV & Film
> Los Angeles CA USA

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to ListMaster