From: Chris Meyer <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
Subject: After Effects Hidden Gems Weekly: rudimentary color management
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 13:17:18 -0600
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
Yeah, I know - many or most of you hate or avoid color management. But it’s a simple fact: If you leave After Effects at its default settings of not color managing your project, and you combine sources from two or more different color spaces (say, HDTV video and a DSLR photo in Adobe RGB), at least one (if not all) of them are going to be displayed incorrectly. And what’s the point of creating a beautiful composite if you’re using the wrong image?

In this week’s Hidden Gems, I give the barest minimum you need to use color management in After Effects. It’s explained briefly on ProVideoCoalition (http://www.provideocoalition.com/after-effects-hidden-gems-color-working-space); the full movie with examples is free to all this week on lynda.com (http://bit.ly/ae-hg).

hope it helps -
Chris

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to ListMaster