From: David Torno <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
Subject: Re: [AE] PC->Mac Video Format Option
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 10:23:05 -0700
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
I always deal with image sequences from now on since moving to PC.

Video formats that work between PC and Mac have dwindled and are getting worse it seems. Especially in quality delivery formats.

My workflow is that any video references (especially with audio) must be in MP4 or H264 format coming from MAC user. I use DJV for viewing all video and img sequences (no audio) and VLC for audio videos.

Outputs for me from PC back to MAC user have been image sequences for delivery. Depending on work involved and outputs needed, I do JPG/PNG for reference, tiff, EXR, or DPX for delivery. H264 for video references with audio, but I rarely have a need for audio with most VFX audio I do.

David Torno
818.391.6060
www.sydefxink.com (work history)
https://vimeo.com/davidtorno (work samples & breakdowns)

"The most useless day is that in which we do not laugh"
-Charles Field