From: ML meassi <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
Subject: Re: [AE] File Reading Error
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:23:58 +0200
To: After Effects Mail List <AE-List@media-motion.tv>
Hi Eric,

files are not readable even outside AE?
If not maybe it's not just AE, maybe it's a OS problem of a no longer supported codec.

Have you tried them on older version of AE?

Check Mediainfo for information about the codec, so maybe you can find what happened.
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Or if you're in MacOS can install the old Quicktime 7, to check the codec (Show Movie Inspector)

Cheers
Gianluca