|
|
Nope. be nice but no economic model to justify it. that dual GPU card is 99.9% a custom built product for apple if you want the dual vega whatever it is. The 580 is equal compared to what I currently run. The 5700 doesn’t have great performance in the apps you’ll care about - PP and Resolve unless there is a new driver improving performance for those apps. The card should be good, but right now isn’t.
I’m gonna wait a few days and see if there is a nV announcement of drivers for 10.15 and decide from there. If yes I’ll install 10.15 onto my old tower via installer hack script, keep my nV GPU. If not, sell the titan X and get a Vega64 ( if I can find one that isn’t being price gouged ) and move to at least 10.14 if not 10.15 depending on the PITA factor. While the vega64 is an older GPU at this point, its still commanding over MSRP for some versions.
S
> On Dec 9, 2019, at 11:34 AM, Jim Curtis <AE-List@media-motion.tv> wrote:
>
> Who’s getting one?
>
> I’m thinking about ordering a base model with all the cores I can get for $10K, and then adding my own RAM and GPU later, at half the cost.
>
> Also, thinking about ordering through a VAR, so I can get billed in this tax year, and take delivery in Jan. Apple doesn’t charge your card until the product ships.
>
> Anybody else? See anything wrong with my plan?
>
> .
> +---End of message---+
> To unsubscribe send any message to <ae-list-off@media-motion.tv>
|
|